the mudpond

It's good to let things breathe in your imagination because often your initial response to it is not the best thought-through response. I savour little glimpses of life. Mine and those of people who turn me sideways and around. Friend or stranger. Even a child. (the world looks different from down there) Sometimes an author, photographer, artist. I let things saturate and incubate here. Hopefully, deeper meanings can percolate up and flower.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A stray cat.

5/18/2005

Trivial stuff... a ritual

I DON'T KNOW about you. I am not one of those perky morning people who bounce out of bed ready to go at full speed. Well, okay, I used to but as the cliche goes: ‘those were the days… ’sheesh.. I need something to eeaase me into the next thing.

I need my fix before I can even hope to make it to the front door.

I need a warm drink (usually coffee) to jumpstart my day. I'm an absolute wreck without it. And I need more of it to keep me going as the day unfolds. Cuppa after cuppa, this unhealthy brew helps me make it through the brutal day. (isn’t there a battery ditty for this sorta of feeling?)

Before even the bathroom rituals, I absolutely must have one before I can face the world. Another one helps me settle down to work. And, tell me, who doesn’t need one for those discussions/reviews/meetings/powows... whachamacallit huddle sessions? Or two, when people waffle on, sending me to La-La-Land? OTOH, when perceptions dive into
overdrive, and a bark-fest ensues, I gleefully jump at the chance of calling for another round. After all, it's about the only sensible/logical thing to do when people are yelling, lunging at each other's throats. Create a brief ceasefire so everyone can religiously attend to their 'pre-drinking ritual'. It's a nifty if sneaky way to get in your two sen worth. Better yet, it's a crafty way to get someone to owe you one, because he badly needs a respite from the relentless grilling the boss is giving him... to answer nature's call. *wink*.


never leave home before it
Posted by Hello

Needless (oh, the irony of this word!) to say, a cuppa after lunch is mandatory, obligatory, compulsory. And what sort of time is tea-time/break without a cuppa? It is naturally, also the fastest way to shrug off work-cares, and unwind before starting dinner. Not forgetting the after-dinner must have...
*sip* *gently smack lips* *sigh of contentment*

And one last cup (mostly milo) eases me
into dreamland everynight. ZZzzzzzzzz

*gasp*
*splutter*
*clatter*

*gulp*
I am consuming a minimum 8 cuppas daily!!!!

Good grief. Virtually, a mountain of sugar with it. No wonder Atkins isn’t ‘happening’ for me.

Anyway, I find perpetual and sinful comfort in my coffee ritual. Like all rituals, it eases me into things. Deprived, I am jumpy, scatterbrained, headless chicken, and yes, crabby. Okay, bitchy even. Without it, I am rendered retard, even if the task involves nothing more than reading about what you had for lunch.

As the day unfolds, I have at least two dozen other reassuring rituals to ease me into various other activities. And they must all be done in proper sequence, plug-n-play the right way, or time and things will stand still.

Cacat, you think? C'ome on, you have yours too. Namely:

**Cleaning teeth. Poop. (Which one first?)
**Attack/savour your meal. Or sip your water/soup first? Sip or slurp?
**Contact lenses. Before make-up or after?
**Undress. (top first, or bottom?)
And oh, love... ah, its rituals... :)

I had one housemate who did socks-before-pants: he’d appear for brekky in socks, t-shirt and shorts and change clothes after... what a scream.

You realize of course, that warming up (whether it succeeds in boring or hooking the reader) is an inevitable part of getting to the point of every blog entry. It's an obligatory ritual. Sadly, sometimes it’s even all the point there is. Like now.

"*Yawn*

Why are we slave to these patterns and routines, these order of things? Because they’re familiar, therefore comforting, even reassuring. This explains why we so selfishly bore ourselves and unsuspecting others to snoredom. Routinely, regularly. Ritually.

Okay, I haven't blogged since Saturday.
I was having a blogger's block. *wink*
Okay, I was merely lazy.
But really, this entry is to ease me into something called Love’s Rituals.. up next. Really. Unless something unexpected comes along to upset the cart. :D
Cya.

|

1 Comments:

Blogger lucia said...

i love coffee but i'm not really addicted to it as i don't drink it everyday. but i will drink it for sure when it is a public holiday and i'll be staying at home whole day, and whenever i'm at the kopi-tiam - it's always 'o-peng-kau-cheah' (coffee black thick less sugar) for me so much so that 2 of my regular kopitiam already knew my taste, no need to say anything, they just see my face and know what i want.

in office, daily, usually i take plain tea (boh or lipton).

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com