the mudpond

It's good to let things breathe in your imagination because often your initial response to it is not the best thought-through response. I savour little glimpses of life. Mine and those of people who turn me sideways and around. Friend or stranger. Even a child. (the world looks different from down there) Sometimes an author, photographer, artist. I let things saturate and incubate here. Hopefully, deeper meanings can percolate up and flower.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A stray cat.

4/14/2005

Duh! Me idiot again!!

There I was happily tinkering with Picasa2 and Hello and pleased as punch when all the pictures made it to the right places in the right proportions. Well, sort of.
Then lo and behold, I discovered, after all that republishing, I lost all the comments in A Vicious Cycle and Easier to Forgive or be Forgiven?
Bummer! :(

|

3 Comments:

Blogger lucia said...

what? lost your comments? how can that be? strange.

if you were tinkering with the post (editing) only and not the template, the comments shouldn't be lost.

1:33 AM  
Blogger percolator said...

I dunno, lucia. They simply vanished. pfft!

Do you know how I can change my template w/out losing all my posts and pics?

Or how to post more than 1 pix in a single post.

I'd like to put in a couple of basic bells and whistles like icons to link other blogs and such but am terrified I'll screw things up, lose all my post and pics, tech-idiot that I am.

duh!

8:15 AM  
Blogger lucia said...

percolator, sorry i think i don't know how to change template without losing all your posts. but i thought one can change template but still retain the posts? dunno lah. why don't you do some experiment. open another blog call it 'test' or whatever and put in some posts, then try change template and see.

as for post more than 1 pics, if it is via hello.com i don't think it is possible. or if it is possible, means i don't know!

if you want more than 1 pic, try using photo image hosting sites, or actually there is a way out to post more than 1 pic using hello, which i haven't try out yet but just agak-agak it might work.

yes you should put up more links, icons etc. don't be afraid of screwing up your template IF you save up your template first. that is very important. before you do any editing, save your template and paste it to notepad. then if anything goes wrong after your editing, you can always use back that old template you saved. or as i mentioned about experimenting, do it on a test blog first.

hey, i'm also a techie idiot actually but only thing is i had been blogging more than a year so picked up some points here and there.

if you need any further help, which i may be able to help, it's best to email me, ok?

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com