the mudpond

It's good to let things breathe in your imagination because often your initial response to it is not the best thought-through response. I savour little glimpses of life. Mine and those of people who turn me sideways and around. Friend or stranger. Even a child. (the world looks different from down there) Sometimes an author, photographer, artist. I let things saturate and incubate here. Hopefully, deeper meanings can percolate up and flower.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A stray cat.

7/03/2005

If I Ran the Zoo

NOW, I DON'T like holes. Especially not tiny, dark and poop-encrusted ones. And to have to share such a filthy, stinky hole… No way, Jose! Get out of my way! Not even if you are the brightest in a bunch of bananas.

I’m not a pigeon, oh kay?!

I don’t bother with personality tests. Not even where the 'test designer' has the marbles (pun not intended) to come up with 10 different species of pigeons you might share or swop your genes with. To be sure, the effort to one-up the usual 4 narrow dimensions is noteworthy. Noteworthy, that’s all. But definitely not something to be taken seriously.

Oh, maybe that’s just the whole point.

It’s just for fun.

I just love whimsical children’s tales and Dr Seuss' "If I Ran the Zoo" is a chuggin’ trainload of fun. Here is life lived as a fantastical experience that’s lit by an imagination that shimmers and bursts like fireworks. It’s a joyride of verse and ridiculous creatures.

"And then, just to show them,
I'll sail to Ka-Troo
And Bring Back
an It-Kutch
a Preep and a Proo
a Nerkle
a Nerd
and a Seersucker, too!"
Posted by Picasa

Actually, I kinda like this small, comically angry-looking humanoid creature. So in the spirit of fun, I took this test I found in the blog belonging to a spotty mouse named anony. [Birds are for males, apparently]

What’s a nerd? you ask.

Someone with objectionable habits or traits. . . . An uninteresting person, a 'dud', I believe.

And might a nerd want to roost with a geek in the same pigeonhole? you wonder.

Hey, I think not, since I already find him/her so ‘square’. And a geek is... ermm.. err… uhm well, the alphabets that spell 'geek' are so rolly, curly one, mah… [don't notice meh? sheesh!]

Anyway, back to the test.

Well, after some nerdy work, I discover that really, I’m more nerdy than only 25% of people. Ah so. Well, I’m definitely not qualified to answer your gerdy, neeky questions, then.

But no worries, peeps. These bloggers know a whoppin' truckload about such ridorkulous creatures.

Oh kay. Apparently, it would be insulting to a nerd, to be pigeon-holed with a geek. Ah… I so can feel for you, you nerd :D

Now, wartabout dweebs and dorks? Anyone?

oh, horrors! ah pink piang!

|

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

saw that u linked me! =)
so damn honoured..
hey i'm a self-defined geek (if that makes any diff)

7:48 AM  
Blogger percolator said...

michelle,
and I'm so damn pleased a pretty gutsy geek lik you dropped by! :D

8:13 AM  
Blogger thquah said...

Can I say I am half geek.hehehe.nevertheless i am not a nerd.

11:01 AM  
Blogger percolator said...

th,
wah, score 50% ah? then you more nerd than me leh. olo!

1:20 PM  
Blogger J Anderson said...

Are you attempting to insult nerds? I got 89%!

2:28 PM  
Blogger percolator said...

mr anderson,
lol! in your chagrin you so 'look' like that comically angry humanoid.

well, blame it on the stereotypers with marbles for bxxxs.

calen,
hmmm... two thoughts come to mind.

1) perhaps you' re more nerd than you realise or want to believe.. Hehehe!!
2) I scored only 25. Bearing in mind your point on 'well read', perhaps I'm not reading the right stuff for 'my age' as one cowboy recently said.. haha!! Gosh, does this mean I must give up all my storybook whimsy... oh no!

Nah! it's the boring, unimaginative stereotyping pigeon crap we need to lose.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com