the mudpond

It's good to let things breathe in your imagination because often your initial response to it is not the best thought-through response. I savour little glimpses of life. Mine and those of people who turn me sideways and around. Friend or stranger. Even a child. (the world looks different from down there) Sometimes an author, photographer, artist. I let things saturate and incubate here. Hopefully, deeper meanings can percolate up and flower.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A stray cat.

9/12/2005

You win some, you lose some

IT'S DEFINITELY A day of mixed emotions.

First off, it's a Monday, traditional day of dread and ugh for worker bees. For those of us who tend to lean toward the blind optimism side of the scale, the dread gets mixed with a generous helping of "Hooray! It's a brand new week and anything is possible!" which leads to a general attitude of confusion-induced crankiness.

Second, it's CT & Mabel's birthdays, so there will be joyous celebration and cake! - two of the things that make me happy. No, not really, the second thing I never eat. No prizes for guessing why. Ah, but the first, the sparkly one, I never refuse. It really makes me really, seriously bubbly. And funny. And silly. And a third thing: there'll surely be mooncakes as well, which I simply cannot resist. Wait, I'm not at all sure mooncakes go well with wine. I know it goes well with tea; ocha or chinese tea, that is; not teh tarik. And thanks to Jill's recent trip to Toronto, there will also be maple-cream filled chocolates shaped like maple leaves.

Cake and Wine. Mooncakes and tea. And maple cream chocs. (con)fusion food?

It is also Jack's first day at the office, our new friend and colleague, and new friends and colleagues are always worth celebrating. I suppose.

The seriously mixed part of the emotions comes from learning that one very elderly family friend passed away last week. That's four funerals for the past thirty days. Stop. I don't want to dwell on the sadnesss, but I do want to say that he was very nice to my dog (years ago), very nice to my friend, and was a very nice person with a nice family; inviting, welcoming, and with large hearts..

Do you ever think about what you would like your funeral to be like? Hymns, flowers, casket, hearse... How about your obituary?

Oops, morbid thought. Quash that.

This is a really silly post. Must be something in this morning's coffee, I had two already. Forgot that Mary is always cranky Mondays.

My head is buzzing and spinning. Throbbing from the pounding that's going on inside my skull.

It's deafinitely a day of fusion and confusion. Definitely, I mean

I think I'd better go home after lunch.


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com