the mudpond

It's good to let things breathe in your imagination because often your initial response to it is not the best thought-through response. I savour little glimpses of life. Mine and those of people who turn me sideways and around. Friend or stranger. Even a child. (the world looks different from down there) Sometimes an author, photographer, artist. I let things saturate and incubate here. Hopefully, deeper meanings can percolate up and flower.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A stray cat.

7/31/2005

Becoming Invisible

I'VE JUST BEGUN a new phase.

I've gone under the gun and behind

I've got to keep my head down...

nose to the grindstone;
Posted by Picasa


shoulder to the wheel;
ears to the ground;
I've got to keep my eyes peeled.

I've got to peck and plug away, slog across the swamp...

No time to shake a leg.
Or put a finger on the pulse.
Or keep an eye on the ball;
my nose to the winds of Blogosphere...

I will be working my fingers to the bone. With all that pecking, will I still be perky, spot? Was I ever? I dunno.. I do know that my noodles will be in hopeless tangles or even fried by day's end. I am fairly certain I will hardly have time to think or mull or brood or connect here. I am sure I will be quite invisible... most of the week anyway.

Oh, by the by, what is the origin of "nose to the grindstone"? Is there a profession that actually requires you to give yourself massive nasal abrasions to get work done?

Never heard such? Never mind.
Try this anyway.

|

8 Comments:

Blogger thquah said...

So you going to be busy, take care and cheers.

8:01 PM  
Blogger percolator said...

Aiya th,
I'm going to toil and suffer and be deprived, lah. I might end up brain damaged wan. Then, I'll be posting cacat "I-so-pitiful' stuff. Where got anything to cheers about, leh?

8:13 PM  
Blogger percolator said...

wei, calentropous!
you got an axe to grind with me ah? :P

7:50 AM  
Blogger Spot said...

got that perky feel from dr. seuss i suppose, and some other posts, but yeah, pretty superficial assessment. :)

you are cryptic!

take care and remember to breathe occasionally.

2:51 PM  
Blogger percolator said...

calentropus,
you didn't see my emoticon with tongue sticking out meh?
I sure as hell could do with a lollipop now. :)

spot,
Dr seuss - I like, I love whimsy... some part of me refuses to grow up.

Cryptic? I find the much vaunted 'transparency' of blogs way overrated. On some things, I subscribe to not letting "daylight in upon magic"

And yes, as calentropus alludes, I love the liberty of dramatisation in blogosphere - the one thing I can't afford to indulge in real life. so yes, in this respect, somewhat 'perky' I guess.

I'm in some sort of a liminal zone right now, watershed to I haven't the foggiest idea what. Next two months will tell, I hope. Till then I'll prolly comes across yo-yo-like, I guess.

Thanx a bunch for the concern.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam Curry, MTV, and the birth of podcasting
An MTV pioneer is now the pioneer of a popular new movement on the Internet called podcasting, a method that allows users to subscribe to a set of media feeds from syndicated Web site content.
Visit my PS3 vs XBOX360 blog!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jason Lioh said...

Very de "chim" ler your posts. Always drop by but dun understand a single phrase. -sweat- My English sucks ler! Don't torture me, ok?

How I wish your blog got some SayBox or Chatterbox for me to spam or say hi! Consider about it leh~! :P

Cause really too "chim" your post, I can't comment (as if I understand).

6:00 AM  
Blogger percolator said...

hey jason,
how sweet of you to drop by despite the incoherence of my posts. Actually, it's not really so much 'chim' as a different, erm... 'dialect' of ranting. lol!

The office server so overloaded, Saybox/Chatterbox will slow download of my blog. Don't want to be caught 'snaking' mah ;)

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com