the mudpond

It's good to let things breathe in your imagination because often your initial response to it is not the best thought-through response. I savour little glimpses of life. Mine and those of people who turn me sideways and around. Friend or stranger. Even a child. (the world looks different from down there) Sometimes an author, photographer, artist. I let things saturate and incubate here. Hopefully, deeper meanings can percolate up and flower.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A stray cat.

11/14/2005

A Spring in My Step

Part four of a six-part series in a Worldview Meme.

What causes you to get out of bed with a "spring in your step"? (when you don't have something special to look forward to)


Only ONE thing.

And this would cause me to literally SPRING OUT OF BED: the alarm that failed to ring the waking hour.

But once out of bed, there are at least a couple of things that could put a jaunty spring to my step. Maybe even a gleam in my eye.


Citrus. Lemon, lime or orange.

In my morning sip, it’s delightfully uplifting. Brings out the zest in my spirit and the sparkle in my eyes.

In my morning shower and spritz, it's a clean and refreshing fragrance. Invigorating. It can increase my happiness levels by - oh, about 500% percent :)

In my lunch salad. Losing even 5 kilos will definitely lighten my frame enough to let me be-bop all the way to the work, all around the office, all day long ^-^

And then, there's my music of the moment.


Currently, it's the single Number 1 from the Goldfrapp album Supernature.

I think, if you play it loud enough through sufficiently bassy headphones, the pounding bass is enough to put a spring in the step of even the most jaded old grump. The last song that made me feel so irrepressibly bouncy was MJ's bomb track 'Rock With You' from his album Number One.

Oh, something that probably doesn't count as Bucko-Me-Uppo but would defintely evoke, at the end of a long day, a "how lovely is life" mindset would be: the sweet perfume of jasmine or tuber rose floating around me...


... and crisp clean sheets to fall asleep in, in a flush of contentment :)

|

3 Comments:

Blogger lucia said...

hey percolator, been over a month you had not been blogging. what's up? hope nothing's serious had happened... or that you decide to stop bloggin!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Shiny Blue Black said...

You're totally right. Nothing better than a nice lemon, hot water and manuka honey mix when one is sick. Or blue.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Spot said...

yoohoo...percolator....are you still ....around...??

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com