the mudpond

It's good to let things breathe in your imagination because often your initial response to it is not the best thought-through response. I savour little glimpses of life. Mine and those of people who turn me sideways and around. Friend or stranger. Even a child. (the world looks different from down there) Sometimes an author, photographer, artist. I let things saturate and incubate here. Hopefully, deeper meanings can percolate up and flower.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A stray cat.

4/16/2005

On Your Marks, Get Set...

IT'S BEEN A slow day, no bees a-buzzin'.

Luckily,
this one showed up. It fired up my synapses.

It's one of the most universally understood communication ever
. It’s how, when I do something stupid, I express my own light hearted regret, a wistfulness. The Japanese though, translates it to more than an annoyed grunt: “damned fool!".

I've had more than a couple of
d’oh moments this week. But thanks to him, I don’t feel like a damned fool. He embodies the possibility that, foolish and stupid as we are, we can still be saved, not as angels but as ourselves. We can be loved for being the losers we are.

A modern-day Job, a malodorous flop, a sly work-shy cowardly loser, Homer Simpson says it for us all --
"D'oh!".


Posted by Hello

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com