the mudpond

It's good to let things breathe in your imagination because often your initial response to it is not the best thought-through response. I savour little glimpses of life. Mine and those of people who turn me sideways and around. Friend or stranger. Even a child. (the world looks different from down there) Sometimes an author, photographer, artist. I let things saturate and incubate here. Hopefully, deeper meanings can percolate up and flower.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A stray cat.

4/28/2005

Orange Comfort

MY BELOVED IS gone down into his garden, to the beds of spices,
to feed in the gardens, and to gather lilies.
Song of Solomon 6:2

I am missing someplace and the special people who are there, rather badly. For comfort, I sought the tranquility of a nearby plant nursery.

This lovely shrubby Orange Jasmine tree with its dense crown of dark, glossy pear-shaped leaflets and heavily fragrant flowers was simply begging to be noticed.


Murraya Paniculata
Posted by Hello

It was difficult to walk within 10 feet of this plant in flower and not be seduced by the enticing fragrance of the small orange-like blossoms, like the bees are. Likewise, birds will find the bright, decorative, red berries that follow later, irresistable.

Oh, and on the way home, I also picked up some Orange Oreos which are of course, not flowers. But they are oddly, also comforting.

|

3 Comments:

Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Hey, I like your blog/thoughts very much!

BTW, do they have Oreos in orange flavour? I love a combination of chocolate and orange or mint.

1:25 PM  
Blogger percolator said...

Hey 5xMom,

I enjoy your Penang Faces too. I was thinking of you yesterday when I was cooking Ladies Finger. Tell me, how do you avoid the gumminess that happens when you cook this veg?

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find the scent of orange blossoms intoxicating as well. Also strangely uplifting -- I feel cheerier.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com