the mudpond

It's good to let things breathe in your imagination because often your initial response to it is not the best thought-through response. I savour little glimpses of life. Mine and those of people who turn me sideways and around. Friend or stranger. Even a child. (the world looks different from down there) Sometimes an author, photographer, artist. I let things saturate and incubate here. Hopefully, deeper meanings can percolate up and flower.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A stray cat.

6/23/2005

*Ping* *Ping* Disqualified!!

WAH! WAH! No Fair! *SOB* *SOB*
[if you are one of my rare and precious few visitors, you may be perplexed or puzzled at the change in my style of blogging lately. Ok, I'm practising to be a drama queen. I am also experimenting with self-deprecation, self-pity... and verifying a communication theory on blog cultures.]

Not only I can't go to the Ping Ping Bash tonite, I'm also disqualified from the "Which Malaysian Blogger Are You Quiz"!!! How lousy is that??

I barely got past Q1 on age, and then, stump the sucky silly stars @#*€^!#@... this!!

3. How much of your identity do you dare reveal to complete strangers online?

A) Nil. No name. No pictures. I want to be completely anonymous.
B) I'll tell you my name. But no revealing pictures.
C) I'll tell you my name and I'll shamelessly camwhore for you.
D) I'll tell you my name, I'll shameless camwhore for you, and I'll even give out my phone number for you to SMS me!

There isn't the option of "None of the above" like any good ole multi-choice questionnaire should have. Hrrrmmphh :(
How ah??!!

As you can clearly see, I dare show my face, but not my name. Because I happen to think that whereas a name is more permanent (less easy to change) the face/look we have is ever-changing through age or else, just as easily transformed through means of clever make-up, radical hairstyling/sculpting/colouring, funky spectacle frames and such deceitful and age-concealing forms of art... (cosmetic surgery being an extreme measure).

Going by even the most current photo, chances are you will not recognise me should I (it would take a miracle, this) turn up at Charlie's for the Bash tonite.

Is my notion of anonymity really so unusual, abnormal, improbable, ridiculous or what? Like most personality quizzes, this one certainly retains the silly and faulty genes of stereotyping.

Oh nebermine...

Optimist, that I am, let me salvage -- *snort* -- something from this silly disqualification, for self-consolation. It simply means, my blogger profile cannot be replicated. I am not your typical Malaysian Blogger. There's none like me. Which is just great by me!
;P

So there, squareheads!

paffft!!

Oh, by the by... Happy Birthday, PPS... :D A favour, please if you're going ... when you all toast, please can you charge your glass and *ping* *ping* on my behalf? If I can't be there in person, then it'd be so nice to be there, if only in spirit!!

|

7 Comments:

Blogger thquah said...

Which Malaysian Blogger Are You Quiz"!!!I guess I was not bothered with the quiz.Typical me and I think I don't belong to any........

8:15 PM  
Blogger percolator said...

th,
It's good to know I'm not such an oddball after all. I was beginning to think it is odd to want to remain your own unique self. Not everything is necessarily changing for the better *sigh*

9:33 PM  
Blogger mystic said...

Hihi, have been reading ur blog for some time now...I oso didnt bother with the Which Msian Blogger Are You Quiz.

10:04 PM  
Blogger percolator said...

hi mystic,
thanks, I am beginning to feel more and more normal!!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Kervin said...

Following your blog a while ever since you started pinging on PPS. Lovely reads :) Well stuck at home too and not at the party. As for the quiz, tried it for curiosity sake and fiddled with the options, got 4 or 5 different results haha.

10:46 PM  
Blogger dr1/6 said...

i didn't attend the bash too. some god came out of it though. mr wahlauwei was extremely wahlauwei today. he so wahlauwei, i was almost thankful i didn't go. but of course, when mr wlw left, the wahlauwei effect vanished too, and i was blinking in disbelief at my 'almost thankful'.

did any of that make sense? no? thought so.

cheers~
sarah
http://www.tabulas.com/~shireen

11:24 PM  
Blogger dr1/6 said...

* good

haha. some god came out of it. ;)

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com