the mudpond

It's good to let things breathe in your imagination because often your initial response to it is not the best thought-through response. I savour little glimpses of life. Mine and those of people who turn me sideways and around. Friend or stranger. Even a child. (the world looks different from down there) Sometimes an author, photographer, artist. I let things saturate and incubate here. Hopefully, deeper meanings can percolate up and flower.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A stray cat.

7/13/2005

In Sibilance

ONE WORD HAS snaked into my consciousness, these days.

Sisu

double syllabled
doubly sibilant
the second reiterating,
reinforcing the first.

Sisu
hissing with clarity
something coiled-up
deep within
the psyche.

Sisu
In the torrent-fractured

landscape of the heart
seek and draw upon
an indomitable spirit

Know it?

|

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason Lioh said...

I think my friend would be more interested in the martial arts rather than the teachings.

Ju Jit Su was created by Bruce Lee. Heh!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Spot said...

hmmm... i was just going to say wah, how often do you find someone who's familiar with Finnish culture...only to find that you'd taken off the original post!

whatever you're going through now (in view of your recent posts), i can only wish you well.

it's not time that heals. it's a choice. driven by sisu.

2:50 PM  
Blogger percolator said...

Errata!
I had meant to embed the other link. But as luck would have it, Jason got on so quick, that link had context he could relate to. Otherwise, I doubt he'd have commented on this. Still,it shows how, like all good philosophy, this SISU concept has different life applications.

Link has now been corrected to my specific context. I'm really no longer in the kinda form - top anatomical nick - to do Jujitsu anymore. lol!!

spot,
I'm puzzled. What original post? I have a bad habit of publishing, then editing and tweaking. But still, this post is more or less the original vein that I opened.

Thanks for your good wishes. Bear with me, please. I may have said before I'm rather odd in the way I don't, or rather, can't rant in the blow-by-blow episodic way most people do. Not that one way is better or more right than another, of course. Just different.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Spot said...

i meant the one that was titled Sibilant Hiss. or was it Third Hiss...i forget. and there was no link to the definition. :)

oh and i didn't mean to imply that you should hurry up and get in Oprah! :P was just recognising a process.

3:26 PM  
Blogger percolator said...

spot,
oh my. You did catch me with my pant(ies) down there. *blush* I was hissing myself to a state of sibilance. Thus I opened a vein to blood-let a bit. Haha! what's up now is the pale, drained, bloodless versi. My blog lets me unleash and recompose myself hopefully before anyone catches me in the act. Well, not this time I guess. ;P

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com