the mudpond

It's good to let things breathe in your imagination because often your initial response to it is not the best thought-through response. I savour little glimpses of life. Mine and those of people who turn me sideways and around. Friend or stranger. Even a child. (the world looks different from down there) Sometimes an author, photographer, artist. I let things saturate and incubate here. Hopefully, deeper meanings can percolate up and flower.

Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A stray cat.

7/14/2005

Being Water

WATER NEVER WAITS. It changes shape and flows around things and finds the secret paths no one else has thought about – the tiny hole through the roof or the bottom of a box.

There’s no doubt water is the most versatile of the five elements. It can wash away earth; it can put out fire; it can wear a piece of metal down and sweep it away. Even wood which is its natural complement can’t survive without being nurtured by water.

Waiting patiently doesn’t suit me. I have a great deal of H20 in my personality. And yet I haven’t drawn in those strengths in living my life.
Posted by Picasa

We live our lives like water flowing down a hill. Going more or less in one direction until we splash into something that forces us to find a new course.

I am all puddles, ponds, lakes, and oceans.
I flow in savage splendor down rocky ravines,
laughing as the sound of torrential, thundering water
bounces and echoes from the rocks.
Journey into Nature: A Spiritual Adventure, Michael J. Roads

|

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I saw your ping as well, just before mine. Funny - two souls, same topic, lol

2:45 PM  
Blogger lucia said...

you forgot the most important - we can't survive without water! er... how long? 48hrs... or less? we can survive without food for over 100 hours but not water.

water has a very calming effect on me, esp. water from a fountain/waterfall or a beautiful lake. i love posters which have water in it e.g. waterfall, sea, tap dripping, water spot on a leave, etc.

ah. i love sky juice! :)

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com